It’s very hard to call myself a ‘blogger’ when the last blog I wrote was approx 5 months ago. It’s also difficult to gain followers/readers if I don’t actually write anything.
Whats my excuse? I don’t really have one. I guess I’ve had a bit of writer’s block for a while. After I had a blog published in Craven & Valley Life Magazine I went through a phase of not being able to think of anything to write about. At least nothing I thought people would want to read.
So as my comeback to the writing scene, here are my hopes for 2018…
- I hope to continue really loving my job and the people I work with. I changed my job in May this year and I’ve been so much happier. I’ve met some fantastic people and I can honestly say “I love Mondays”. (Okay, Monday is my Friday so that’s possibly why! Haha).
- I hope I can get a new laptop soon. The slowness of this one is driving me crazy. (Hmmm… also another reason I haven’t written for a while maybe??)
- I hope to be able to read more books and magazines. They’re piling up and they need to be read!
- I hope to be able to get into Gym life and finally get fit and lose some weight. Over the last 12-18 months, I’ve put on quite a bit of weight and ideally, I’d like to lose at least a stone but I want to do it sensibly and by doing lots of exercises. I’ve joined The Village Gym and I can’t get home from work without driving past it so I have no excuses now! The weight won’t just disappear on its own.
- I hope to be able to write more. I’ve always loved writing. Whether it’s for my blog or trying to write a novel or to just write in a journal and put pen to paper. I enjoy doing it and I should do it more. If nobody wants to read that’s fine, but it makes me happy to write it.
- I really hope I can stop spending and start saving. Really. It’s about time. Come on now woman!!
- I hope that I/we have an absolutely AMAZING time in New York when I go with my Mum. I can’t wait. It will be my third visit, but Mum’s first. I need to do an itinerary soon actually…
- I genuinely hope I can do more of what makes me happy.
- I hope I can make other people around me happy.
- I hope I can inspire at least one person. It doesn’t matter how big or small that inspiration is. I just hope its there.
- I hope we can get just a little bit of peace in the world before we destroy each other.
- I hope that everybody has an amazing 2018.
I’m sure there are hundreds more I could write down, but hey, we haven’t got all day have we?! There are many things that I wish/hope for other people as well but they’re private matters and it’s not my place to put them on the internet. But if you’re reading this, know that I’m thinking of you. 🙂
June 14th 2018 is my birthday. My 30th birthday. I tell people that I’m dreading it. I joke about getting old. I can sit sometimes and just think, ‘I’m nearly 30. What have I done with my life?’ but really, honestly – I’m excited about this new chapter in my life. I might be single, I might not have children, I might live alone with just a cat for company but hey, a lot of people have things a lot worse and it’s about time I learnt to be grateful for what I’ve got. So I’m going to embrace being 30 and see it as a wonderful, amazing thing that I should celebrate.
I’m not a massive fan of New Years Eve or of New Years resolutions. Whilst some of my ‘hopes’ may seem like resolutions, they aren’t. They are just hopes that I have. Tomorrow night while most people are out partying, I’ll be sat at home with a brew waiting for 11pm. Then I’m going to drive to my parents, see in the New Year with them and then go back home again. To me, that is a good NYE. I don’t want to start 2018 with a hangover and that’s my choice. Whatever you decide to do tomorrow night, enjoy yourself, be happy, be safe and have the best 2018 you could possibly wish for.
I’ll be back soon. I promise.
Thanks for reading and…
x x x