For a very long time now I’ve been buying and reading books based on a healthy lifestyle, fitness and nutrition. I’m also subscribed to about 4 fitness magazines. Unfortunately, half the time, I read them whilst sat on the sofa snacking on bad foods.
Recently, I’ve finally had a bit of a turning point. I’ve started exercising a lot more, I’m eating better and I’m getting more and more into it. I’ve even started a nutrition course so that I can learn more about it. I’ve started reading even more books and magazines and I’m reading them instead of watching TV. I follow as many fitness/nutrition gurus as possible on social media and I’m using Instagram as a way to help myself and push myself to do more.
Just today, I added this photo to my Instagram account (@missemmavic) The top two pictures are me relaxing and the bottom two are me holding it all in and not really breathing.
My plan (hoping I stick to it) is to get a lot more into fitness and change that body. I want to tone up everywhere. A six pack would be amazing, but just ‘abs’ would be incredible. I want more upper body strength. I’ve been focusing on press ups quite a lot recently.
My Plan for 2017!!
- Finish the Nutrition Course
- Gradually make changes. I won’t all happen at once, I know that I need to be patient and still allow myself treats every so often.
- Make cut backs on food. My main vices are cheese, chocolate and crisps. Basically, the worst ones I could go for!! I need to cut back. Since New Year I’ve only had 1 bag of crisps (but it was a big bag). But considering it is now the 15th January, one bag in two weeks is really good going for me. Chocolate I’ve cut way back on. Cheese… cheese I have nearly every day. I just love it. Especially melted. Argh!!!
- Exercise – I need to motivate myself to do it 4-5 times a week. If two of those times is on a weekend, I only need to do it 2 or 3 times a week after work. Surely it’s not that hard to fit it in?!
- Write this blog. It will keep me motivated. Even if nobody reads this, I know if I keep up to it, I’ll have more chance of succeeding.
- Take more pictures. Again, it just documents my progress. If I can see the changes in my body it will motivate me to try harder.
Yesterday I ordered this…
I can’t say there isn’t variety in there. 5 DVD’s Plus I already have her 30 Day Shred DVD. I did Killer Abs today. I really want to do the Kick Box one. I think I’ll do that tomorrow. I enjoyed the Killer Abs but my god, I was sweaty afterwards. I know I worked hard and I only did level one. It really is a killer.
I think everybody knows now that fad diets don’t really work. They do to an extent, but once you stop, the weight goes back on. (In most cases). I need a full lifestyle change. I’m doing this for myself, but hopefully, in the future, I’ll be able to help others as well.